Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It Doesn't Matter

Photograph by: Zandile Mcinziba
So often I have lived my entire life being questioned about my race, whether my family is black or coloured or whatever ethnic group that we fall under.  Many would approach me speaking Afrikaans, lucky enough I would be able to respond; some would speak Xhosa and still I respond in the same language.

Looking at how diverse my family is at times makes me beam and be proud of who I am, it makes me be more proud at the way in which I was brought up; the influence that both my maternal and paternal families had on me; and the values that I have been taught in my upbringing.

It doesn’t really matter what the colour of the skin is, and what race you are; all that is important is YOU as a person, not as a black, coloured or white person...because all that matters is that you are human still.

2 comments: