Friday, May 18, 2012

Lost Respect



Things have changed, and so have people.  One would wonder why am I saying this, well…here’s your answer to the question:

An elderly person is an elder no matter from which race and culture they are from, one is it to show respect and that’s it.  I remember the day I came across an old white man with wrinkled face and grey hair in town (Cape Town), he looked so lost and had his eyes fixed on me.

I had thought he needed help as I went closer to hear what he had to say when he called me, only to find out he was an old disgusting man who see girls my age as sex objects; since he had given me his business card to could call him so we could “have fun” in his hotel room.

I wondered if this was the way elderly men age, or whether he was being a pervert hiding behind his appearance and age…he lost the respect I had for him even though he was a stranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment