Thursday, February 16, 2012

How hard is it to follow instructions?



Photograph taken from: http://www.horsnhayesart.com/images/Follow%20Instructions.jpg



Just the thought of having to think about a written or verbal guideline given to follow, it really makes my mind go blank because I just sit there and think to myself “Do I really need to go through all the trouble that the person standing in front of me is talking about?” and what exactly it is that is being said.


Following instructions is really hard as sometimes it even poses the fact of having to go forward to ask what it is that you don’t understand, and then you end up doing what you thought was being said; leading to not having followed instruction. The other part is being scared to ask a question so that you could be able to follow; you don’t even know whether you are going to be seen as stupid or as an idiot who ask senseless questions.

Therefore, the difficulty of being able to follow instructions comes with the fear of being labeled or seen as stupid or as an idiot; and for me, that’s how hard it is to follow instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment