Friday, March 2, 2012

Acceptance

Photgraph taken from: http://www.realmagick.com/missing-loved-ones

As hard as we find it to believe certain things have happened to us, only time and reality push us to the edge of coming to realise that things have happened, and there is no way that one can actually go back and freeze time and change events that took place.

It may be death, which is hard to swallow; but no matter how much we try to convince ourselves that it hasn’t happened; only time will tell that it seriously has. There are things that we do not want to come to terms with, which of course include death, heartbreak, and even losing a job; but as much as we do not want to deal with them, reality will deal with us.

Acceptance may be a big word to use in my vocabulary, but we have to accept the things that we have and cannot change, and carry on rebuilding and developing ourselves to overcome certain aspects of life that may come our way, irrespective of changes that we
may have to enforce.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really struggle to accept things I cannot change, it reminds me of the Beatles song 'Let it be'. Whenever I start getting upset about something I have no control over I try to think of those lyrics. What you have said in this post is very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess at the end of the day we all have something in common, being unable to deal with what we don't have control over. Will give myself time to listen to those lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you write so beautifully Zandi. I really like this post because we all struggle with acceptance. We like to be in control, that's the problem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rox..and another think is the fear of living without them, it sounds so scary because you start having so much doubts about yourself and whether you can actually be as successful as you were trying to be while they were still here.

    ReplyDelete